Saturday, May 7, 2011

I See You

What I really mean is... ICU. That's the spot in the hospital that I have been visiting a lot. A completely different ball game compared to regular inpatients on the floors. I still find it a little overwhelming when I start on a new ICU patient every time. Most of the time they will have an extremely long and complicated medical history with multiple hospital visits. And they will mostly likely have multiple tubes entering and exiting their bodies that I need to be following. The vitals, I/O, fluids, and wound care. I'm still learning...

At least it has been really sunny here and today I have half a day off. And tomorrow I don't have to wake up at 4am! That thought alone always brings me joy these days hehe :) Still a never-ending amount of reading but all of it is actually very interesting. A lot of information but hopefully it will all stick at some point. Oh surgery...

Mother's day is TOMORROW everyone! Don't forget to send your mom some hugs and love :) They are the best and totally deserve it. Love you mom!! Wish I could be there with you... Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. ICU IS A PLACE where u can learn a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely... I feel like I still have a LOT to learn. But I'm off the floor now..

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?

 

tardive dyskinesia

Locations of visitors to this page