Thursday, June 2, 2011

ER


Finally I have entered my last month of Surgery rotation - all of June I will be swimming in the Emergency Department (yes, ER experience is included in Surgery for us). The thought alone gets me excited like no other. On Tuesday I already had my first ER shift with a fantastic resident. It was a 10hr shift and I walked out of it happy and still excited! One nice thing about the ER is the variety of cases you will get to see. Things never get boring and time just flies when you are running from one patient to the next.

I'm starting to get ready for my shelf exam that happens on June 24th. This will be interesting as it will be my first shelf exam in rotations. Lots of question marks regarding exam style and difficulty are yet to be answered... by my actually doing the exam I guess hahaha...

It's getting hot in Saginaw. Surprisingly this town reminds me of Dominica. Weird right? I at times feel like the island weather is here in Saginaw! The heat and humidity... what a wonderful combination... I'm not complaining though, as I do think that sunny days are amazingly beautiful :) They keep minds fresh and moods happy.

The next 3 days will be night floats for me in the ER. It will be interesting to see how I adjust working consecutive night shifts again. Last time I did that was in Vancouver at the Cancer Society. Took me a couple of days to switch... that stupid biological clock and its circadian rhythm! :) Good night everyone. Hope your dream takes you on a tropical vacation (I hope mine will...)

1 comment:

  1. Swimming in the ER??

    Someone had better check the pipes!!

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?

 

tardive dyskinesia

Locations of visitors to this page