Saturday, February 13, 2010

Volcanic Eruption


On Feb 11 I believe around midnight, a dome of a volcano collapsed in Montserrat. How did I know? The next morning when I woke up and opened the door, everything was hazy outside. For a second, I had to pause and take it all in, trying to decide what exactly was different that morning compared to before. I stepped off the porch and slowly walked to the gate, slipping on volcanic ash the entire way. Well of course at that time I had no idea that it was volcanic ash that I was stepping on. I thought there was a sand storm when I was asleep... wait now, where did Dominica get all this sand?? When I got to school and had a chat with the locals, they told me about the volcanic eruption in Montserrat. That entire day I was inhaling all that ash - school was giving out masks for the respiratory-sensitive, and many students picked up a mask for themselves. It was SARS-memoir all over again... I didn't bother. Instead, I just breathed normally outside, deeply. Then I coughed a bit. Ha, oh well.

Good news is that my Mini turned out well. Behaviour is a bit disappointing but not to the point of no return. I could work on it for the next exam and impress myself then. All the other hard subjects, namely Pharm, Path, and Micro turned out decent. Phew! My effort was not in vain, though I really need to learn to curb this pre-exam anxiety (that hit me this time... that was tough)! Alright, gotta get back to studying. Hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics! Wish I was home for the opening. All the best to the Olympians!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?

 

tardive dyskinesia

Locations of visitors to this page