Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to Sunshine


I finally landed in Dominica after 36 hrs of (mostly) sitting in boxes on wheels or giant flying machines. One thing I can firmly say is that I did not enjoy any minute of it. Traveling is a pain in the butt until you actually reach your destination. Interestingly, I feel at home here on the island. When I was in Vancouver I wanted to come back to the sunny weather. And here I am, closing my eyes and enjoying the heat evaporating the moisture on my skin. Ah... a hot winter - that's how I like it.

Ross changed its printing system and I like it more than the old one. Now we can print from any of the classrooms or the library. This way it's less messy, less crowded, and more efficient. No more 'where are my print-outs??'. The new students have arrived. I wonder how big this new class is. Probably close to the size of the previous class. I am also really anticipating the arrival of my friends! Already ran into a couple of them here. But most are coming on the last day of the week or first day of class.

So far I haven't yet finished unpacking. Last night I passed out midway on my bed in my dirty clothes. Woke up and found out that I had slept for 12hrs. I guess 36hrs of no sleep really gets to you. When I got home, our dog Dixie was so excited to see me. I was happy to see my landlord again too. I thought about her lots during my break, hoping she was alright on her own.

3 days till school starts. I hope my back recovers completely before then so I can sit for hours again... so sad ;) Anyhow, gonna go for a walk now! Ciao everyone!

ps. Miho is not ready for the new year! (see photo)

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture~ :)

    Glad to hear to made it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW...an exciting opportunity Lex (above message)...it serves the exact purpose of why you created all these posts :)

    By the way, how is your back doing?

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?

 

tardive dyskinesia

Locations of visitors to this page