Saturday, January 23, 2010

'What do you think you know about me?'

A friend and I went to lunch together. While eating, we chatted even though we both knew about the rule of no talking with your mouth full. I mentioned that I liked her personality and her outlook on life. She took the compliment and thanked me, then quickly asked me, 'So, what do you think you know about me?' Now, she said that in the most non-hostile way, trust me. But that question triggered an endless discussion between us. We make friends and form bonds. Yet some stay and some don't. I have seen friends who turned on one another - well, now you may argue that these may not be true friends after all. Carefully, I listed a bunch of things I thought I knew about her. Guess what? I was right about a big portion of them! It is true that we do not know most of our friends well enough and people change as well. But I do think that personalities shine through most of the time. One can try and hide their true colour and act as someone else. But that sure won't last long. Of course, never judge too early but you can always start evaluating as soon as you feel like!

It is Saturday night and I am sitting in the big lecture hall with other students, studying or trying to study (I guess that is my case right now). I finally talked to my parents on Skype after a whole week of no talking and that makes so happy. My family is part of me. My mom also put Miho on camera. Oh that silly kitty! Always an attention-seeker. One more day of studying and a full week of class again. Our weeks are filled with about 8hr of lectures every single day. Kinda crazy if you ask me.

My tutoring session starts tomorrow. I am so excited! I need to remember to prepare for the session. Can't wait to see my students - they all made it to second semester! I am so proud of them. If you put in effort, you will get something in return. That never fails. On the coming Monday, I will be going to my first ICM lab to learn to perform a general survey on a patient. Can't wait! I am pretty excited about that.

I found the comic strip online and thought it somewhat relates to the 'how well do you know a person' talk I had with my friend. Just wanna share with ya! Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on guessing her personality. I can't say all have such a skill ;)

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?

 

tardive dyskinesia

Locations of visitors to this page