Friday, January 1, 2010

L.O.V.E.


Have been home for 11 days. My break between semesters is almost over but the time spent with friends and family will always be the most precious. Last nite I went to a NYE house party with my closest friends, with whom I was hoping to spend the night with. I missed them. I missed the heart-to-heart conversations, the neverending sarcasm, the playful insults, and the arms waiting to be linked to my own. 2009 went by fast. And time will just go by faster from now on. However, I feel that I am better at catching the fleeting moments escaping between our fingers. Those are the best kinds. Most of my friends are leaving for another country this new year, and I know for a fact that we will not be able to see each other nearly as often as we did or we do. While that thought pulls out a helpless sigh from me, something also tells me that we will only become more connected. The world is not as big as it appears to be.

Anyhow, Vancouver has been cold... yet it appears to be slightly above zero most of the time. This Xmas we did not get any snow! Hm. Occasionally I catch myself missing the hot sun in Dominica. I guess I will see the island again in 5 days! Unless the US airports pull tricks on us again. The airlines have changed regulations and the security checks have become more detailed and time consuming. They are putting more limits on the number of luggages each passenger can carry. Sigh, why has it become like this?

My kitty Miho is so handsome and I missed him so much! Being home allows me to snuggle with him again ooooh so cozy! I hope the 2010 is going to be a great year filled with happiness and achievements for everyone :)

3 comments:

What is on your mind?

 

tardive dyskinesia

Locations of visitors to this page